The Polytechnic has recently gotten accreditation to carry out several courses in the next.
Osun State Polytechnic, Iree was established as a Satellite Campus of The Polytechnic, Ibadan in 1981. Following the creation of Osun State from the then Oyo State on 27th August, 1991, the Institution became a full-fledged Polytechnic in October, 1992, when the Bill establishing the Polytechnic was signed into law.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POLYTECHNIC:
- To provide for student’s training and development of techniques in Financial, Business, Secretarial Studies, Mass Communication, Applied Science which include Science Laboratory Technology, Computer Science, and Engineering courses, Environmental Studies, Information and Communication Technology as well as other spheres of learning.
- To provide professional courses leading to the award of Certificate, National Diploma and Higher National Diploma and other awards at comparable levels as appropriate on a full time, sandwich and/or Part-time basis.
- To device and continually review courses to meet the present and future needs of industry, commerce and the public service as well as the career and personal needs of the students.
- To offer a wide range of specialized short courses not only for the purpose of improving the level of vocational competence of technical and commercial workers but also to provide opportunities for presenting the most recent development in knowledge and in techniques to specialist groups.
- To provide opportunity for creative development and research related to the needs of teaching, industry and the business community, particularly in Osun State.